Pages

Monday, May 10, 2010

PARENTING BOOKS

Has anyone ever noticed that parenting books are ridiculous? A have numerous friends who love parenting books and listen to all sorts of BS written by apparent experts. But seriously, who are these people who write these books? The week after my daughter was born I took an oversized and incredibly obnoxious book about baby and sleep patterns and chucked it across my living room. I have never touched another parenting book since. Kids don't fit in the pigeon holes created by these books and I refuse to try to fit my marvelous munchkins in such categories created by authors who sit around and spew parenting advice. Ask me about kids sleep and I have all sorts of comments, but the first thing I say is toss the parenting book you are trying to emulate. Its not gonna happen.
My cousin calls me almost everyday to ask me questions about her kids sleep. I give her my thoughts and just about every time she replies with, "you should write a book". Um, ya, that will never HAPPEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment