Pages

Monday, May 10, 2010

COMPLETE CHAOS

We are playing outside quietly, enjoying our beautiful afternoon with action figures, sticker books and a plastic food smorgasbord when all hell broke loose. We are potty training kiddo number two and its been a difficult task. He started to kick and scream when I told him it was potty time! Then kiddo number one needed help with her writing skills.

Mommy, how do you write a "W"
AHHHHHHHH NO POTTY"
Mommy, is the "M" like an "N" but one more line?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, NO PEEEEEEEE!
Mommy, look, I did it, I wrote the words, look mom!
LEAVE ME ALONE, LEAVE ME ALONE, LEAVE ME ALOOOOOOOOOOOONE!

I started to lose it. One kid being sweet and one being a terrible monster. I am standing in the doorway of the bathroom, one kid is inside and one kid is outside. I am being shouted at from both directions and I want to sit down and put my head between my legs. I want to say "everyone get away from me" but I'm a better mom than that. I carry monster to his room and tell him to come out when he's ready to pee, I take sweetie pie back outside and read the note she masterfully wrote at four years old. I am grinning and bearing it, my head is throbbing and I know this is only one of twenty more obstacles to cloud the day! We will make it through, I tell myself, we will make it through!

No comments:

Post a Comment