Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

food

Why is it that being a mommy turns even the most simple tasks into a massive decision or situation? Today I was talking to my favorite fellow mommy and we suddenly got into a very detailed chat about lunch. We had spent lunch time feeding our munchkins and snacking off their plates. We definitely didnt eat a meals worth (but in calories in fat we were probably just fine) but we were suddenly facing a major debate, make ourselves lunch or try to make it til dinner. OH MAN, decisions decisions!

I opted to make myself lunch, warming up leftovers from dinner two nights ago and ate way more than i needed. And now as I prep dinner I find myself snacking on potato chips. I am a healthy girl who usually avoids such things and am not PMS-ing, so whats the deal? I have no idea, but as I prepare dinner I am already filling up on things I DONT need to eat.

Part of me thinks its my mind working overtime, trying to enjoy a snack because god knows I wont be enjoying dinner. I havent enjoyed dinner in quite some time.......instead getting up every few minutes to fetch something for someone or clean up spilled milk. Somehow, someway I think subconsciously I am stealing these delicious chips and savoring the texture, taste and smell of Blue BBQ Kettle Chips simply because I can.

I know I'm crazy.....but what the heck!

No comments:

Post a Comment