Pages

Sunday, May 30, 2010

I LOVE LUCY

My mom likes to call me Lucy. When I call her and begin my long twisted account of daily activities, she says, "Okay Lucy". Maybe its because I tell her I opened the front door, the dog went running out barking like a psycho, the phone rings and I run back in to get it, meanwhile the two-year-old munchkin goes running outside right into a pile of fresh dog do, I hang up the phone, grab the kid and start to rinse off the foot while he is screaming and the dogs barking and the four year old munchkin starts saying "hey mom, lets play Barbie's...you can be this girl and you have to dress her in the blue dress and mom, mom, mom, mom" all the while the other kid is screaming about water spraying everywhere and the dog is barking at a guy across the street who thinks its amusing to stand in front of the gate even though its obviously annoying the dog and seriously I just want to scream!!!!!!!!!!!
So I tell my mom on the phone how chaotic the past hour was and she calls me Lucy. For some reason, these stories remind her of the absolutely marvelous I LOVE LUCY show which I watched on re-runs on Nick-at-Night when I was a teenager babysitting at 10pm on a friday night. All I know is sometimes I wish I was Lucy, because at least she had a spectacular laugh track!

No comments:

Post a Comment