Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

SATURDAY, TRYING SOMETHING NEW.....SOCCER GAME!

Soccer game! Yes, although I feel like I was just putting on my baby brothers cleats, it is now time for my little munchkin to strap on some shin guards and start playing the game. It's sort of a surreal feeling. Soccer was the single item in which my family completely evolved around. Soccer was not a game, it was our life. And I never even played. My little brothers played and my dad coached. I did a ton of babysitting, shoe-tying and cheerleading. I wasn't just a sister to my kid brothers, I was a sister to an entire team of kids. My sister and I both began to resent soccer a bit because it was not our thing but it was definitely our family thing....now ten years later I'm back on the field, trying wipe the slate clean and look at the game in a completely different light.

It's easy to be positive when it comes to my little man. My baby boy is Mr. Positive and his giant smile and bright eyes are evident on the field. As he chases the ball he is almost laughing and I just about squeal with joy myself. My little monkey is having a ball!

There is nothing like seeing your child try new things and have a blast as they're doing it. On this saturday morning my baby was trying a "new thing" and that easily translated into my "new thing" as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment