Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Phoenix Zoo....DAY TEN OF NEW THINGS!!!



All I can say is "Who Knew?" Not me, that's for sure! The Phoenix Zoo was one of the biggest shocks of my life (I know what you're thinking...must be a boring life) but seriously, it was INCREDIBLE!

Voted one of the Top 5 Zoo's in America for Kids, I can see why. Built in an area of town that has land to spare makes this Zoo a mass of wide open spaces, perfect for animals to live in a way that seems comforting and kind. Leaving this zoo I had the feeling that the animals were happy and that is not always the case when I walk away from the zoo in various cities around the country.

We began our day hiking a mountain which eventually had us at the top of the hill looking at Big Horn Sheep. Growing up in Las Vegas, Big Horn Sheep have always been one of my favorite animals and seeing them relaxing in peace in a their natural habitat absolutely tickled me. Next we moved onto the giraffes who you could actually feed as they spread out on a massive field with bull and tiny deer of some sort. Throughout the day we discovered a monkey area where you can walk amongst them playing in the trees, my kiddos rode a camel, we played for over an hour in a farm area which covered every area of farm life and let the kids have a ball while doing it, oh and there was a giant cactus slide that the kids loved and I still can't believe it wasn't a real cacti.

Hours upon hours can be spent hiking, playing and learning at this truly outstanding zoo. Next time you find yourself in this awesome desert make sure to hit up this hot spot...and give me a call, I'll go back any day!

No comments:

Post a Comment