Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

DAY SEVEN!!!! Selling the baby stuff!

"Trying Something New" today came in the form of five boxes of baby clothes that have been sitting in our garage for about five years. When we moved this summer my husband was stunned to realize I've been holding onto all the onesies, footsie pajamas and adorable little dresses and instead of passing them on to the world of new little munchkins, I've been hoarding them in large tupperware boxes.

So while I have been giving away to the Salvation Army and Goodwill for years, I thought this time I would try out the resale boutique up the street. I packed up the car with my massive amount of stuff and headed on out. I'm pretty sure the Traverse was dragging in back because it was so heavy. My kids were looking at me like i was nuts, and even more so when they watched me carry box after box into the store. More than once I hear, "Mommy, what are you DOING?"

The one thing I've learned from resale stores over the years is that even though these stores need your stuff, because its the only way they make any money, they will always treat you like you are annoying them and your stuff totally sucks. It's tough to get past the judgemental eyes and more than once I have walked out and said forget it. This time however, when I realized how much work went into getting here, I was forcing myself to stay!

An hour later I walked out of the store with a tiny bit of cash and three boxes of clothes. Pretty lame for sure! I realized the feeling you get when you walk into a store like this with your awesome, slightly used stuff, is in itself NOT worth any amount of money! Next time I will give it to a neighbor who has just had a baby or call one of the many companies always looking for donations. It's the ONLY way to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment