Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Thankful Thursday! THE LAST BROWNIE




Today I'm sentimental. As my munchkins grow up, my baby brother is about to go away to college and our lives evolve at a pace I never expected I look around my living room and laugh out loud at the craziness. It's a scene many mothers know...a homemade fort, fishy crackers and chaos. I usually lack the patience but today I'm watching my house be turned upside down and I simply smile.

With my baby girl spending her first week in Kindergarten and my beautiful boy growing at a rapid pace, I am simply thankful. Thankful for their existence, thankful for their smile, thankful for their unwavering joy, giggles and love. I feel blessed for the man who entered my life exactly ten years ago, swept me off my feet and changed my life in an instant. Thankful for my crazy parents who did not bat an eye when I spoke of getting married and moving away from them at nineteen years old.

And at this exact moment I am thankful for THE LAST BROWNIE. I'm thankful that the rest of the enormous brownie platter my mom sent home with me three days ago is finally gone and one crumbly almost stale chocolatey square is left. I'm thrilled I can get my mind off these delicious delights which have been calling my name since they entered my home and move on with my life. So excuse me....I am going to go watch the kids build their fort, listen to their laughter....and eat this brownie, YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment