Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Thankful Thursday! Pizza Night Gone Wrong


With so many complaints and bouts of irritation floating through the air these days I find it necessary to mention the simple, beautiful things in life of which I am thankful.

Yesterday I was exhausted. A night of little sleep, I was trying desperately to be patient and get through the day. When I totally destroyed dinner, a meal I was looking forward to cooking all day I was beyond agitated. I knew I shouldn't be so disappointed, it was only food but then again that's exactly why I was so bummed. I had worked hard on organic beautiful meats and veggies and Whole Foods pizza dough to make homemade pizzas on our new pizza stone. The kids pepperoni turned out well but the spicy chicken sausage, bell pepper and mushroom pie for my husband and I, not so much.

But when I reflected on the day, on the fact that I got my kids on ice skates that afternoon and was stunned at their ability at three and five years old, I was so thankful. I felt the gift of an ice cold arena to escape to on these fire hot Phoenix summer afternoons. And I took in the fact that while my husband works hard I am given the gift of staying home with my babies and enjoying such an excursion.

As I cleaned up the mess of my dinner disaster, feeling slightly better I heard a familiar sound. The laughter of my two children rang throughout our house, my husband cracking up as well. I took a peak around the corner, my hands damp from soaping dishes. I looked at my three loves sitting on our couch, laughing hysterically and I smiled wide. What were the watching you may ask....Happy Days, their new favorite. "Hey mom" my three year old said between fits of giggles, "come see Ralph Malph, he's running around a boxing ring."

Yes, I am Thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment